7.10.2008

Real Life Love... and Indy Racing


I love romantic movies. I'm not a girly girl chick flick person, but I REALLY wanted to be Baby from Dirty Dancing. (Seriously, what girl didn't though?)

And moments like the ones that these quotes are from made me swoon....

The top 10 most romantic quotes are:

1. "I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you" - Jennifer Gray, Dirty Dancing

2. "You make me want to be a better man" - Jack Nicholson, As Good As It Gets

3. "I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone. I choose a mortal life" - Liv Tyler, Lord of the Rings

4. "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return" - Ewan McGregor, Moulin Rouge

5. "You had me at hello" - Renee Zellweger, Jerry Maguire

6. "I want to tell you with my last breath that I have always loved you" - Chow Yun-Fat, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

7. "We'll always have Paris" - Humphrey Bogart, Casablanca

8. "When they ask me what I liked best, I'll say it was you" - Meg Ryan, City of Angels

9. "I promise I'll come back for you. I promise I'll never leave you" - Ralph Fiennes, The English Patient

10. "Love means never having to say you're sorry" - Ryan O'Neal, Love Story


And Adam is an uber romantic (and creative!) guy. If you don't know that yet, please go back here and watch the slideshow of how he proposed.... don't worry, I'll wait 'til you get back. ;)

Ya back? Ok then.... moving on...

So he's incredibly romantic and does amazing things like unexpected flowers and thoughtful cards etc. But sometimes, I almost love real life more... and this is what REALLY makes me look forward to marrying this man.

Adam had a bad day in flight school. It ran long, the weather was bad for flying and the list goes on. He was not a happy camper when he came home. So, I listened to him vent, grabbed him a beer (I was grabbing one for me too - I'm not a 50's all for my husband type of gal), ordered Chinese from our favorite place, and put on the Indy race we missed last weekend. (Again, I am not the sweet little girlfriend who was putting on the game for my boy - I am an Indy girl!!! In fact, we have an Indy-versary!... which I'll post more on here soon.)


Anyway - he said this and it made me happier than any of the swooning of the romantic movie lines that were so perfectly crafted.

"Amazing. Chinese food, Indy Racing and You just made my day."

This my friends, is real love, in real life. :)

0 comments: