7.07.2008

From Moving Inspiration to Movie Review


I just saw this board posted on Style Me Pretty. This just makes me want to have a glass of lemonade and jump in a pool! ahhhh - I love summer! (Also a very big fan of the bottom left picture with the sliced limes under the glass top - what a fun fresh idea!) (Side note: I actually just found out that this board was designed by the oh-so-fun Lucky Me!)

So that was my initial reaction...

Then came the moment when I read the necklace "P.S... I love you", which makes me feel like I should toss out a movie warning for any bride-to-be or newlywed or anyone in love. Especially if the fella you fell for is incredibly thoughtful.

Adam and I had the chance to watch one of our Netflix movies the other night. He chose (from HIS list mind you) P.S. I love you.
Holly Kennedy is beautiful, smart and married to the love of her life - a passionate, funny, and impetuous Irishman named Gerry. So when Gerry's life is taken by an illness, it takes the life out of Holly. The only one who can help her is the person who is no longer there. Nobody knows Holly better than Gerry. So it's a good thing he planned ahead. Before he died, Gerry wrote Holly a series of letters that will guide her, not only through her grief, but in rediscovering herself. The first message arrives on Holly's 30th birthday in the form of a cake, and to her utter shock, a tape recording from Gerry, who proceeds to tell her to get out and "celebrate herself". In the weeks and months that follow, more letters from Gerry are delivered in surprising ways, each sending her on a new adventure and each signing off in the same way; P.S. I Love You.
For anyone in love with a romantic thoughtful guy... I highly recommend NOT watching this!! The only exception to this is if you are in need of a good, heartfelt, 2 hour long CRY. I wasn't in need of such a cry, but watched it... and cried....a lot. Beware.....

1 comments:

Lucky Designs said...

Thank you for the kind words!