7.18.2008

Dressin the girls

So blue is my favorite color. But I'm not really a fan of navy blue, or sky/baby blue. To me they are both just a bit blah. I love aqua's and Caribbean blues, and ocean blues. At this point, I've been through the "To color scheme or not to scheme" decision and now need to pick colors. hmm - I like blue, and blue. And Adam likes blue. Even though I plan on going for Aqua and Ocean... I have a feeling I'll be reliving this Steel Magnolia's moment at least once:

"What are your colors Shelby? - Truvy ... "Her colors are pink and pink" - M'Lynn ... "My colors are blush and bashful...I have chosen two shades of pink, one is much deeper than the other" -Shelby ... "That sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto Bismol" - M'Lynn

While others in this day and age are moving away from color schemes... I am the daughter of an interior designer. Confused? Think about the "son of a preacher" term. Oh yeah - I like all kinds of eclectic things and I don't care if they clash. My room growing up was a tribute to anything and everything I liked.. and my mother's worst nightmare. So if I had free reign of a color palette when finding items for the wedding - it would end up a mish mash melting pot of things I liked.... which while might lend some satisfaction at my mother's expense, Adam is a little more coordinated and wouldn't like it. So thus, we are color-scheming it!

We are not, however, being matchy-matchy. I told the girls I would find one dress company with 2 blues I liked AND a wide variety of dresses and let them pick! (How much do I rock? =).

2 day's later I sent them an email saying - "I found your dresses!" Pick between one of these 2 styles... both will be in the company's "blue matrix".
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*


HEHEHEHEHEHEEHEH!!!!!!

To which my favorite response was
"i'm sure we'd all do anything for you love, but i have limits!"
The first time we met with the wedding planner (whom I will blog about soon) I showed her them. And she attempted to keep a straight face and wondered if maybe the slight in the leg of the first one wasn't a bit high.... and then I fell out of my chair laughing. I realize that I am NO fashionista by anyone's terms... but seriously??

Anyone else get a kick out of the extremes of fashion, or the fun of messing with someone?

3 comments:

Erica said...

To be fair, you really must put the rest of the options from that company up there. I still think we would have made a killer Earth, Air, Fire and Water in salsa dresses. Oh, and we can't forget Heart and Capt. Planet!

Anonymous said...

That's priceless...too funny! Good for you for having fun with your planning! :) It should be that way!

*Michelle said...

As Eric pointed out, there used to be more to this dress. There was a whole Earth, Wind, Fire, Water series. But they have discontinued it, so I can't find any fun pictures to post. Just imagine the most insane dresses that "coordinate" with the Water dress above.