My husband is fine but a part of the search and rescue team. As of yet, there is no good news to report, meaning there are 9 families who are facing potential loss of a member. For lack of a better phrase, this did hit awfully close to home. And your thoughts and prayers were very welcome.
I will be back soon to finish wedding recaps and begin blogging about life as a newlywed military wife. In the mean time, go hug your significant other and make sure they know exactly how much you love them because you really never know.
[Note: I did not make this video, as far as I can tell my husband is not in it, I just found it on Youtube and thought it a nice tribute to the most underfunded and overextended of our armed forces.]
- Eternal Father, Lord of hosts,
- Watch o'er the men who guard our coasts.
- Protect them from the raging seas
- And give them light and life and peace.
- Grant them from thy great throne above
- The shield and shelter of thy love.
- — (1955) CWO George H. Jenks, Jr., USCG