7.16.2008

Decisions Decisions! Pt5: The Good and the Beautiful!

Some people have told me that they don't even want to see the dresses I was seriously considering because it might spoil their opinion of my dress. If you agree, don't scroll down! Everyone else....
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
***************************************************************
On to the dresses!

This one was uber soft material and could have been really fun when fitted to me instead of the feeling of disappointment the top seems to give off. It's all prepared to support a large load!

This one looked great on, but at this point I was told no cameras, so I snuck a rack shot in when no one was looking. (I wouldn't recommend this shop at all and I'll cover that in my bridal shop's of the gulf coast review later on.) The band of beading around the hips was great. It was a beautiful dress that I felt a little renaissance in (In a good way). Unfortunately it was really a bit blah everywhere else. No train detail, no skirt edging, just 'meh.

I liked this one. Same belted renaissance feeling, cool pleated skirt. But, heavy fabric and no good way to add straps.

This one I really liked. It was one of my favorites. (And I'm in my favorite shop.) It was light and airy, NOT STRAPLESS, flattering, and had little sparkles randomly on the bodice. But it wasn't quite "it". I just didn't really feel special in it.

This was more along the lines of the kind I had clipped out of magazines, and while I loved it as a dress, I didn't feel bride-ish at all. (Excuse the weird stance, I had to holy my arms like that to snug in the extra fabric since this was about 8 sizes too big for me!)

NOW we're getting to the bridal bit! It was a b-e-a-utiful dress! And it was very "me". And yes, thats my MOH making an odd face in the background... of course, my face doesn't look so normal either!

Same dress from the back. Beautiful. Sexy but not slutty. Sparkly but not garish. But MAN was it heavy. It was a lot of train and elegant but thick fabric. For a spring wedding in the sand, this just wasn't it. But if I were going to be in a church... and have a separate dress for dancing.. yup.

I was a big fan of this dress. It was by far one of my favorites. I loved the detailing on the bodice, and the pleating on the neckline. It was still heavy fabric, but less skirt. The kicker was the heavy price tag I didn't see before trying on. In the world of wedding dresses, it was not outrageous. In the world of what I was looking at in dresses, it was double the price.

Same dress, different view.

I wish I have a picture of me in this one, but I don't. I was actually in to be measured for ordering my dress when I saw this and wanted to try it on, just in case. Wow was it pretty! But there was something I couldn't put my finger on that I wasn't a fan of. Then the shop owner point out that with the pleats in the skirt, it looked like an azalea trail dress!! (Southern Antebellum!) I realize you can't see it in this image, but trust me that was the end of this dress for me.

This one I really loved. It was one of my top dresses. Its also my biggest "go home, look at pictures, and think it over" proponent. It was BEAUTIFUL creamy taffeta fabric that was comfortable and beautiful. Unfortunately, it was still alot of skirt, and didn't look nearly as "wow" in pictures. None of this occurred to me when I was there.

So we have been through them all... the good, the bad, and the EWW! That leaves us with... MY DRESS!!

.... which will be in another post because this one is too long as it is. =)

1 comments:

Jenn said...

You look stunning in all of those dresses, even the "ew" ones! I must have good taste because I loved the same ones you did! Can't wait to see what you picked out; I'm sure it's gorgeous! :)