10.30.2008

Photo Competition and My Favorites

The Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA) is a professional organization composed of photojournalists and wedding photographers from around the world. What sets our members apart in the industry is their candid, documentary approach – a distinctly artistic vision toward wedding photography.
Well, the WPJA and BRIDES Magazine just released the winners of this years photo competition! (See all winners here.)

But here are a few of my favorites!
(Click on each photo for larger image and photographer information)
Ok, as much as I love this little boy being completely oblivious, I want to know what her dress looks like!! Correct me if I'm wrong but those look like suit tails with red lining! I've got to say, never seen that!

Not only is it a fun shot and she's got beautiful shoes... wait.. look closer.. her feet aren't touching the ground at all! And the groom BARELY has one toe touching! Talk about your heart having wings!

This one I just think is a beautiful photo. Actually, its given me an idea! Our bedroom is decorated (more or less) in what I have dubbed Beach Asian. How cool would a B/W photo like this from our own wedding be to hang in our room as art!?

I love it. I love the lighthearted feel and the HUGE couldn't-be-happier/laughing-til-I-cry face on the Bride.

Definitely one of my favorites! Genya Garrett rocks and I think she caught this "OMG the ring is stuck!" moment pricelessly. It makes me laugh.

I want to be her. Too bad there are not rivers or rope swings around our wedding site!

Go, look for yourselves. Who are your favorites?

1 comments:

said...

The bridesmaids coming down the stairs holding those parasols...gorgeous shot!