8.19.2008

No Naked Necks!

You know how you are supposed to wear the jewelry and under britches that you will wear on your wedding day to your first fitting ? You know how I tend to plan everything a little backwards, be a tad scatter-brained, and somewhat lacking in the ability to accessorize well? At the intersection of those to realities was me picking up my dress and thinking... hmmm.. I have no idea what jewelry or under britches I am going to wear with this.....


In case you haven't deduced from the above... NO MORE READING ADAM!!

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*Sorry for all the asterisks but for anyone who has Google Reader AND stalks..err... reads WeddingBee... you know that the one line of "Mr AppleMuffin No More Reading" doesn't keep the picture out of the frame.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*I actually trust that Adam doesn't scroll on these. He's the one that is insisting we not see each other before the ceremony.
**
*
*
*
*
*
**
*But in case I'm wrong... Adam - SCROLL BACK UP DAMNIT!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
So what we realized was that I didn't (and still don't) know about under britches, hair ornaments, or jewelry. I like the idea of wearing a family heirloom (aka my mother's) but our tastes aren't actually the same. But we thought we would check 'em out to see.

Ok - no mocking the pictures! My mother (aka camera-dingus-batticus) took them and I only knew that some of the pictures were being taken. BE NICE!

Me in Mom's Mikimoto Pearls (theres a matching bracelet hiding somewhere in the depths of her closet.) I am NOT a pearl person, but I actually thought they looked nice. Maybe not enough oomph though.

Oy. Ignore from the necklace up please!
Thats a solitaire on a gold chain. It actually sparkled and showed up nicely in person.
Did I mention Momma Duck will never make it as a photographer?

I think I'm laughing. Or maybe sneezing.
This is a diamond V necklace. I liked the V part but I'm thinking it was a little much on the gold and a little tight on my neck. (Momma Duck is a whooping 4'11 so she has a smaller neck.)

And this is a bad picture of the pretty necklace in the store. It had a angled bottom edge that I liked. (There are matching earrings but it didn't occur to us at the time to try them on to. Did I mention I can be scatterbrained?)

So this last picture brings up the next question. What am I wearing in my hair? It should probably be taken into consideration when picking my necklace.... but the options I've come up with so far are a wide variety from flowers to stars to headbands.... and will all be shown in another post.

Anyone have a hard time with the accessories?

Anyone have opinion on the ones above or new suggestions?

Oh Holy Cow! The earring thing just made me realize something. I might want to build my jewelry around the earrings he gave me our first Christmas together... that match my ring!


They are sapphires with 4 little diamonds at the corners. And MAD points who recognized that as one of the photos taken just after he proposed! Anyone who didn't, click HERE and watch the slideshow.

5 comments:

zoliepup said...

I really like the bottom picture with the hair accessory as well.

I think you are correct when you note your mom's small neck. It seems that her jewelry isn't going to work very well for you.

You probably don't want to spend any more money on, well anything... but I did LOVE the accessories at Haute Bride in San Francisco, and I think they sell them on the web too. You might want to check them out.

Aggie said...

I think you look brilliant in all the pics. The pearls are my favorite (I LUUUUUVVVVV PEARLS!). Maybe you can attach a charm of some sorts to it - this way the charm will hang lower.

Ms. 122 said...

i like the v-neck necklace or the solitaire. buuuut....if you're using that hair accessory i would definitely use that same necklace. hmm...choices choices choices!

Anonymous said...

I agree with zoliepup. I like the bottom picture a lot. That would be my choice. For whatever reason the V necklace is nice, but kind of distracting me from your V neck dress and you.

Unknown said...

Hey Michelle, For jewelry, I say the more personal the better...definitely think the rings are a must. As for your hair...what happened to some of the star hair pins you found earlier this year. ~A